Subscribe to our mailing list to stay informed about updates to these and other exciting The Starfish Throwers news!
Click here to pre-order a DVD of the film from our online store for your own personal home viewing. DVDs begin shipping September 1, 2015—kicking off Hunger Action Month!
We’re excited to announce that with every DVD pre-order, you will be supporting FIVE amazing non-profits—Katie’s Krops, Minneapolis Recreation Development, Akshaya Trust, Feeding America, and Heifer International.
Stream the Film Online
Streaming options will become available in Fall, 2015 through a variety of streaming services. Stayed tuned! Subscribe to our mailing list to stay informed about these and other The Starfish Throwers updates.
If you intend to show it in any other setting/venue or to larger groups, you must purchase Public Performance Rights (PPR) from our community and educational distributor Collective Eye. Click here for more information on how to do so. Libraries looking to purchase copies to check out to members must do so through Collective Eye as well, either with or without Public Performance Rights (PPR).
Our film festival run took place from winter, 2014 – spring, 2015. While our festival run is over for the most part, we will still be playing a few select festivals in summer and fall, 2015. Click here for listings of our current and past festival screenings.
The film may play in a few select theaters around the world in summer and fall, 2015. Click here for listings of our current and past theatrical screenings.
Click here for a map to see if we have a Gathr screening coming up in your area. These are one-night showings at a theater requested by people just like you. If there’s not one, request a screening yourself right on our screenings page.
Is there a local theater in your city that screens independent films and documentaries? Send us a message and let us know, including a link to their website. We’ll pass that information on to our distributor. THEN, send the theater an email and let them know about The Starfish Throwers with a link to our film trailer. Tell them you’d love to see it screen for a week in your city!
Request a Gathr Screening!
Gathr Films is a distribution service than can bring our film to a theater in YOUR town, if YOU request it and help make it happen. Click here for a map to see if we have a Gathr screening coming up in your area. These are one-night showings at a theater requested by people just like YOU. If there’s not one, request a screening yourself right on our screenings page.
- Host a community screening for your group—screen the film, discuss, develop a plan to take action and help those in need in your own community! Click here for details.
- Educators—Screen the film at your school! This includes a 9-page activity guide and lesson plan. Click here for details.
- Request a screening at a theater in your town! Click here for details.
- Connect with us on social media—post, like, share, tweet, retweet, reblog, pin! Remember to use our hash tag: #ThrowStarfish.
- Join our mailing list and share our email updates with friends, family, and coworkers.
- Share our film trailer with friends, family, and coworkers.
- Find a screening—Click here to see if there is a screening coming up at a theater or film festival near you.
- Notice that we’re coming to your city for a screening? Send us a message via our contact form about any local organizations you think would be good partners for us, including a link to their website. We welcome connections with community partners that throw starfish too—who focus on issues such as hunger relief, volunteerism, making a difference, helping those in need, acts of kindness, etc. THEN send those organizations a note with a link to our film trailer, encouraging them to connect with us. Check out some of our previous community partners on our Take Action page.
Links to some worthy organizations with which you can connect are listed on our Take Action page. You can message those organizations there, find links to their events, and connect with them via social media. Many of them have worked with us to help spread the word about the film in their respective communities, places where they themselves are throwing starfish.
Find Your Passion
Throwing starfish is about making a difference in your community, in your world. Everything big starts small—that means even small actions really do matter, really do make a difference.
Find a local organization, cause, or issue that you believe in. As Krishnan says in the film, “Get yourself involved with one issue. Maybe you can’t solve that issue, but you can participate to the best of your ability.”